Thursday, December 9, 2010

Facebook Banning...



On our workplace that is. Let's just say that I'm one of those who is guilty in committing a huge crime in using facebook during office hours. Hindi na ako magmamalinis. hehehe! These notifications are just tempting man! hahaha! Those little red numbered flags are hard not to open. Major struggle! I thought it's just a harmless little thing. No one would know. No one would mind. But if you are now rushing tons and tons of deadlines and pending because you have failed to do your job on time, and making facebook the main culprit of it, then it's a whole different story.

For sure some would agree with me, facebook is addicting. Of course, who doesn't want to stay in touch with their friends, view the profiles and updates of your peeps and other strangers. Hindi mo mapigilan tumitig sa picture ng crush mo! hehehe! It's like a vice. Masarap ang bawal. The worst part is, I know it's wrong, yet I kept doing it. I know that even if no one sees me, even if no one would speak up and tell us off, I know Someone does see me, and He is not happy on what He's looking at.

So when the first warning came in our office, I personally decided to radically change this pattern. Not just to do what is morally right but also to accomplish tasks that must be done on time. It's hard. hahaha! If some would read my blog right now, you might say, Facebook lang yan teh?! Oh yeah! It might "just" be facebook, but the difficult thing here is breaking the bad habit. This lifestyle at work that seems to become a norm. It's been tempting to open a new tab and log in. Since my boss didn't approve of blocking the facebook site on our network, I agree with her. What's the point of exercising self-control if the object of temptation is already gone?

The good news is? It's possible. Oh yes we can! Kahit hindi facebook yan, it could be other things that we are addicted to. Things that we put lordship over us. Things that we know that could ruin us in the future yet we hold onto them.

1 Corinthians 10:13 " No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

I don't mean to be too preachy about this, but I'm just thankful to God because again, He has proven that His word works and we can overcome temptations. I thank God because I know Facebook and these things has no power over me. That in this workplace, in this time of change, it's not me who shines, but Him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment