Monday, December 6, 2010

On Blog-Overhaul...

One petiks day at the office, my blog went to an evaluation. I was browsing some of my previous posts and I just kept thinking “why did I ever write that post?” I was thinking of deleting all of my posts and start fresh. I was thinking of tumbling my way through tumblr or pressing toward wordpress and create a new account hahaha! Yet, I decided to just stay here. ‘Wag muna malikot. Hahaha! Well for the main reason, that those posts are the proof of how much I’ve changed since I started blogging here. Besides, if ever lilipat ako, yun eh dahil may sarili na akong domain!! Hahahaha!

Let’s just say that this blog-overhaul is influenced by my newly-found passion, new-found influence from people. Surprisingly, unexpectedly, came across to my life on world wide web. Another reason would be, after more than a year of writing here on blogspot, I think it’s time for a blog-makeover. So for starters for this blog overhaul, I got myself asking three things;

WHY DO I BLOG?

I’ve been a blogger for about 5 years I think. I’m not really sure though. The very first blog that I stumbled upon on is Paula Peralejo’s site. Sad to say, it’s not updated anymore. I remember saying “okay to ah?!” She has so much take on things, and for her age, she’s very articulate and she’s really smart. Na-inspire lang talaga ako. There’s so much that rubbed off in me in writing and posting blogs. It is fun. It’s something new, another tool for us to improve our communication skills, even just in writing and most of all, magmumukha akong smart hahaha! I want to voice out my opinion on things, seize that freedom of expression, despite the uncertainty that someone will bother to read them.


HOW WOULD I WRITE MY BLOG?

Paula Peralejo is just one source. One influence. One style. As the years go by, I’m starting to sound like her, losing my identity that should be the one that outshines on my site. I realized that it’s up to me how would I present my blog, what posts would matter and how would I make it readable and sounding more like me. I don’t want to give an impression to readers that the person writing this is so different from writer. Ang showbiz ko naman pag nagkataon. Haha!

Another thing is medium. Wala pa akong kilalang foreigner na nagbabasa ng post ko. I’m not an expert in English, I have troubles in prepositions, conjunctions, and sometimes, I’m suffering a mild case of nominal aphasia hahaha. So I decided to blog as if I was just conversing to a certain friend. No hesitations. Comfortable to the point na lumalabas ang pagiging babaeng bakla ko. Hehehe! I’d rather have it that way, as long as it’s effective, non-offensive and beneficial to reader/s.

(*Nominal Aphasia – Better known around the research community as Anomic aphasia, it is a severe problem with recalling words or names) – Source; Wikipedia

WHAT WOULD I WANT MY BLOG TO BE?

Everything starts with a purpose. A goal. Lately I’ve been questioning even the minute things I do if there’s a purpose or not. The mere fact I’m spending too much time in blogging must have a purpose. Time is gold diba? Hehehe! So for me, this is very important. I have to define it now starting this blog-overhaul.

I want my blog to be inspirational. I want to inspire people just how other bloggers inspire me. I hope to connect with other people when I blog. I want it to be fun and carefree. Kumbaga anything goes. From something informative to something adventurous, as long as it’s worth-posting hehehe! I want to naturally inject humor on my post. One blog that really got me laughing was Patty Laurel’s site. She occasionally writes but whenever she post new ones, for sure benta yun. Lalo na sa aking mababaw ang kaligayahan hehehe.

And last but not the least; I want it to be Scripture-oriented. I came to a realization how powerful the Bible is. You want encouragement? you’ll get it from there. You want assurance, peace, answers? They’re all there. Pastor Dennis and Miss Thammie’s blog gave me the drive for this and I’m very thankful to God on encountering these people. I encourage you if ever you start a blog, have at least 1 or 2 verses to share. You never know who might need it.






I hope that this post can also help those who wanted to start their own blog. I for sure would be glad to help with my very best effort. I know the blogger in me 5 years ago is much different from the blogger now. I don’t want to break down personally what changed; I’ll let you be the judge. Hehehe! Hopefully the coming posts are in accordance with all the stuff I said here. I started overhauling my theme. Hahaha! Tell me what you guys think. God bless everyone.

*photo credits: www.thammiesy.com and aaronvicencio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment