Monday, December 20, 2010

IRATE!




Yesterday, due to some inevitable circumstances relevant to my work, I got pissed. I don’t want to specify who and how I got angry but I was really surprised, I can be really, really, as in really mad.

Odd as it may sound; my officemates knew me of being calm, nice, "sweet" (hehehe), cheerful, and non-temperamental that when they saw me yesterday fuming out of proportion, one employee said, “Nagagalit pala si Ma’am Divine.” Seriously, that comment really made me laugh. My image of being sweet came tumbling down and down and the mala-anghel aura was being replaced by a grouchy lady in just one day, just because of one event that really got into me.

Affected talaga ako to the point na sumasakit na ang aking dibdib ko. Surprisingly, I wasn’t crying at all. But I can really feel that it’s already affecting me physically, I wanted to curse. I wanted to say mean things. I wanted to confront. I wanted to get even. The worst part was, I can’t let it go that easily.

I used to have this extremely long line of patience in me. Kahit siguro matapakan ako ng 3 beses sa loob ng LRT, hindi ako papalag eh. There are just some things that you can’t ignore. Maybe that’s the reason why I really snapped.

Fortunately my officemates were able to calm me down. I try my best to laugh in spite of my mood. Para akong ewan talaga. When I got to my desk, I let myself rest and cool down for a while, and then I started searching some Bible verses about anger management. Then I got this,

"Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger.." Ephesians 4:26 ESV

The Bible shows that it’s normal for us to be angry, to get mad, and to get furious. We are born to feel and capable to respond to things. It’s not wrong to get angry. But it’s clear that if ever we do get angry, we must not sin.

Oh it’s so easy to punch someone in the face, talk behind their backs, curse, bad-mouth them. It’s hard to control. Emotions can really make us do crazy things. It’s easy to take matters in our own hands. Most especially if we know we are right. But then again, anuman ang gawin naten, nasa huli ang pagsisisi. It’s true. God’s word is clear, correcting us and guiding us, changing us from day to day basis.

So when you get angry, pause. Pray. Remember His word and promises. Maybe you were the aggrieved person and you’re about to explode, hold it for a while. God is our refuge.

“Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” – Romans 12:19.

Spread the love everyone. Christmas is fast approaching. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment