Friday, August 19, 2011

Blessing: Being part of the 18 Candles

It’s already 11:30pm and way past my promised bed time. I actually needed a lot of rest tonight for it will be a long day tomorrow. How long you might ask? Well there’s work in the morning, and my friend Tin-tin’s 18th birthday after that. I am surprised to be part of the program and since I wanted to come prepared tomorrow night for I tend to stutter and get sidetracked from what I’m supposed to say, I thought and asked God for the right message to give to this special person.

And God’s word for me to be said to her was: “Remember your Creator in the days of your youth…” Ecclesiastes 12:1

(Time to press rewind and let’s have a flashback a little bit…)

Let me take you to a week of never-ending complaints about everything. I really thought it’s just the time of the month that I’m hormonal, getting irritated even by the slightest error, I was pissed a lot by even the most trivial things at work. My patience seems to get attenuated each day, for there are such things left to be criticized. I was practically asking for advise to people who mentored me if I should start thinking of transferring, preferably away from people who makes me irate.

I always complain and my sister, friends can attest to that. I asked God for answers, signs, wisdom on what my next move; what would be my next plan. Apparently, I feel like there’s no answer because a week had passed that it’s all basically the same. The same drama, same complaint, same dialogues, it’s exhausting.

But now, flash-forwarding to where I am now, typing this unplanned post, I was reminded by God to remember Him in every season I’m in. My! Was I rebuked? Of course! No doubt about it.

God wanted me to enjoy my youth, that any pressure I’m feeling now, every worry and troubled spirit must be put to silence and to trust in Him who knows everything on the present and what will come ahead in the future. He reminded me that in every challenge, in every situation, in every emotion, in every season of my life, winning and losing; high or low; in tears and in laughter; I must remember Him.

I love this verse “Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see. But know that for all this things God will bring you judgment.” God wanted us to fulfill the season we are in. To be happy in this life that was given to us, but to do it with prudency. God doesn’t encourage us to live a life not in accordance to His will and purpose, so that’s why He reminded us that on a given day, no one can really know though, He’ll be the judge.

This is too good to be kept inside that’s why I blog. God’s word is just so powerful and when we ask Him for clarity, He gives it on a perfect time, never too early or too late. Just perfect moment.

So notwithstanding all my restless attempt for career change, and seeking answers if I should do this or do that, God helped me figure out what I must do, what I must prioritize and put to heart on doing…

Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the WHOLE DUTY of man.” Ecclesiastes 12:13

It can't be any clearer. J

photo credit: Tintin Franco

No comments:

Post a Comment