Monday, June 27, 2011

Oh yes I'm rich.

Okay, please don’t get me wrong with the title. This post is not to broadcast or brag my status in life, or my bank account savings. This blog entry would be something I aspire telling to people and I do hope by this blog, every idea that first popped on your head about my blog title will be cleared.

So let me take you back, maybe 8 hours before I got the urge to write this. I was about to write a blog nowhere near this topic, but it turned out that this post is quite necessary. I suppose my “drafts” can wait due to the pre-emption of this blog.

This is initially derived from one conversations I had with my friend over YM.

Friend: Di ka pa ba napapagod magtrabaho?

Me: Napapagod na ren. Hehehe. Pero di pwedeng di ako pumasok. Lagot. :)

Friend: Hehe, buti ikaw hindi mo naman kelangan magwork. Mayaman ka na eh.

Me: (smiling and laughing after I sent a lot of laughing emoticons) Yes I’m rich.

Friend: Wow...

Ang yabang lang ng dating no? Hahaha! But just to assure you, our conversation ended amicably. I just want to specifically indicate what triggered the urge to that response.

Lately, I’ve been dubbed by officemates, some close friends, as “anak-mayaman”, "sushala" (urban lingo for sosyal or sophisticated) “silent-millionaire” and the like. There were banters that I took as purely joke and harmless like, “Kumakain ka pa ba sa foodcourt?”, or “kumakain pa ba kayo sa mga ganitong lugar?”; places pertaining to karinderya, fishball stands, street food, etc. Honestly, I really don't know what made them think that, maybe because I'm starting to take a bath everyday, use a comb, and brush my teeth. Hehe. :P

Yet apparently, I gave people a wrong notion that I do not have to work for money and that I’m lying in bed full of blue-shaded peso-currency containing 3 national heroes on its face value. I feel that I’m giving impressions that my status in life is class this or class that. that I easily get what I want without even breaking a sweat. Whenever I hear something like that, I just smile and chuckle. I really didn’t mind. But as it frequents, I thought maybe it’s time to straighten up things and answer them in blatant truth.

So once and for all, Yes. I am rich. I am anak-mayaman and I was a silent-millionaire.

Hep hep hep... That's not the kind of "rich kid" I'm talking about.

I am rich not because of my savings in my bank account, or because of the kind of house that I reside in, but because God gave the strength for my parents to provide an average shelter, a sufficient clothing and food that sustains us three times a day. I am rich because God blessed me with parents who are not just loving parents, but God-fearing people who simply put their trust in the Lord when it comes to their finances. I am rich because God blessed me with mentors that I came to know through books, blogs, podcasts and smart conversations; who taught me how to manage my salary better. I am rich because through God, me and my family are physically healthy. I am rich because I know a lot of people cared and loved me for ME. I am rich because I have a few yet real friends in my life. And last but not the least, I am rich because I have a Father in heaven whom I know will supply all my needs according to His riches and glory; a sovereign God who can provide not just on money matters but in every aspect of my life where I lack; it’s because my Father in Heaven, my source, is unlimited, and knows no bounds when it comes to my needs.

I don’t know how others would define the word “rich”, but as for me, this is how I know my treasure. I hope with this short post, I am able to uplift any downtrodden spirit and negative mindset that they are born poor, hence they will die poor. That money is hard to come by, or that they’re only destined to work and work and work for money lest everything earned won't be enough. I wanted to break mindsets that are consumed with wrong perceptions about getting “rich.”

So my friend's last message at YM really had me overjoyed. She said, "You made me smile, sana lahat ng nakakausap ko araw-araw ganyan." I never knew that the sudden change of response would actually help inspire others about what God is doing in our lives. It is not restricted to financial provision only, but because of His love and grace, we feel overflowing. God is really good.

With all that being said, I’m a silent-millionaire no more. :)

2 Corinthians 6:18 "and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty."

P.S. If you want to learn more about biblical finance, kindly visit Pastor Chinkee Tan's site and Podcast of Pastor Dennis Sy about Overflow-Provider. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment