Monday, May 2, 2011

He must be a Godly man. :)


In spite of being sleepy and tired. I just have to blog this. If ever I sounded too feminist, or hostile, sorry. Animated lang ako. hahaha! :)

It was mid-afternoon. We had to meet up at with our boss on Mann Yann at Ayala. Even if it was a quick meeting, I can't help but be really exhausted maybe because of the excruciating weather. Nakaka-drain ng lakas talaga. hahaha! But I'm glad it ended quick and well I might add.

So we rode a cab on our way back to the office. I was half-asleep. No. Make it really asleep. hahaha! Masyado ko na-enjoy yung aircon ni manong driver. I was about to go to dreamland when a loud yell woke me up. My eyes are almost open until I realized a guy in a motorcycle, taking off his helmet, starting to yell at manong driver. He was claiming that he was hit and his precious plate number got damaged.

Actually, I really didn't know what happened kasi tulog talaga ako, but if it would really be that bad to injure this motorist, the impact would probably woke me up than the yelling of this guy.

As soon as he took of his helmet, this guy, never thought twice in creating a scene. Since manong driver's windows were down, I can clearly hear the expletives he kept on throwing at him. I was starting to become really nervous, I was thinking in the back of my mind, "Kapag bumaba si manong.. gulo to."

I kept on looking at this guy, still in his motorcycle, provoking and really trying to pick a fight. He even dared the driver to alight the cab and threatened him that he will swat him with his helmet. My officemates were just quiet but I instantly told our driver to just let it go, I saw that manong driver is starting to get mad. I'm kind of taking quick glances to both of them. Kahit alam kong malaki si manong driver kesa kay boy motor, I know this would end bad.

Once the driver unstrapped his seatbelt, I automatically massaged his back. (Sweet ko no? hahaha!) But I was really nervous that time. The last thing I wanted to happen is someone getting hurt. I guess manong driver instantly smelled my fear that he opted to stay in the car and just gave piercing stares to the guy. The driver just scratched his head and said "Pasalamat ka may pasahero ako..."

The guy took off, raising a bad finger and saw that his precious plate number wasn't even dilapidated. I was like.. "Ang arte mo lang?! Ni-wala ngang gasgas eh." I was really dumbfounded on how this guy is willing to risk something valuable just to prove something. How eager he was to show how manly he is, that he even challenged someone double his size.

I'm quite disappointed how young men, behave these days, specially with this guy who thought of himself as all-macho because the driver didn't do anything. The most heartbreaking thing was, his motorcycle even had a sticker that says "I love You Jesus!" Hay nako?! hahahaha! affected talaga ako. Too bad, he really has the looks, but sad to say, it didn't go well with his character, or should I say character nga ba talaga?. The fact that it's just a simple spat, simple misunderstanding at the road, he is very willing to go overboard why? because he's macho? because that's what strong guys do?

From what I've learned from one pastor, Manhood, doesn't come with tantalizing eyes, sculpted figure, fair-skinned complexion, sex-appeal, or how accomplished you are even. It's more than that and sometimes, we women, tend to be drawn with what we only see on the outside. Being a man, doesn't equate how many girlfriends you had, or how luxurious your car is, or the number of push-ups you can do, or if you belong to the elite of the elites. It's more than that.

I'll be hypocrite if I say that I don't consider good looks. I hope you won't misunderstand. I appreciate beauty. I'm just saying that if a guy can be all-gwapo, yet if he doesn't have a character that God wants him to possess, entertaining them would be downright stupidity. I have dealt with this situation before, (many times I might add) and trust me, I learned it the hard way.

It takes a MAN to surrender his life to Christ, submitting to His will and commandments and from there a character worthy for a princess will appear. It takes a MAN to hold women with high regard for they believe that God made them specially to be taken care of, to be respected, to be loved and not to be defrauded. It takes a MAN to be calm and composed whenever they face arguments, even if the urge to enter a physical bout is at peak. It takes a MAN to say no to provocation and temptation. It takes a MAN to be humble. It takes a MAN to admit he is wrong. It takes a MAN to commit. It takes a MAN to love genuinely. It takes a MAN who walks away from violence, because he believes that even though he didn't fight, God will fight for him.

Psalms 1:1-3

"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night."

So for us girls, who God considers as princesses. It's about time for us to pray for the Man of our dreams. For "boys" who happen to be reading this, Man Up! :)
***

OFFTOPIC:

In lighter news, I also went to this nearby gym at our office. Lately I've been thinking I wanted to join aerobic dance classes. Don't have the talent though but it's something I really enjoy doing... by myself. hahahaha! But seriously, I have to set a deadline for this and hopefully I can start soon. :)


PS. Anyone who know where I can find a video of this? I really want one. :) pretty pleaseee??

3 comments:

  1. I really agree with you! I hope men will read this to know how they should really act.
    God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks guys for reading.. God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete