Sunday, March 13, 2011

Secret Garden

Finally!! (let me hear a round of applause please.. hehehe!) Donna and I were able to finish this Korean series. I for the first time and then Donna, well, for the second time.. hopefully, going for third, then fourth... hahaha! We have finished so many Asian-novelas but I think this is the first-ever series that I would make a review.

But before I state the reasons why I love this Koreanovela, let me give you a bit of synopsis that I got from the internet, as much as possible, I would try my very best not to disclose any spoilers..

"The drama tells the story of Kim Joo Won (Hyun Bin), an arrogant and eccentric CEO who maintains the image of seeming perfection, and Gil Ra Im (Ha Ji Won), a poor and humble stuntwoman whose beauty and body are the object of envy amongst top actresses. Their accidental meeting, when Joo Won mistakes Ra Im for actress Park Chae Rin, marks the beginning of a tense, bickering relationship, through which Joo Won tries to hide a growing attraction to Ra Im that both confuses and disturbs him. To complicate matters further, a strange sequence of events results in them swapping bodies."


I have to say that the complication involving herein is quite similar to a Hollywood movie. But in spite of this, this show caters brand new takes which are far different from other korean novelas that I have seen. I'm afraid elaborating such things would require me to spill a lot of scenes in this series, so I must really be brief and restricted to describe them.

1. A love-pentagon. It was the first time I have seen that there are five characters involved and romantically chained in respect to the other.


2. The supporting casts have their own thing. Naku baka ma-spoiler ako, hehe. Basta it's not the usual scenario that the supporting female lead is out to snatch the lead actor and same with the supporting male lead. It's kind of growing tired that the lead casts' relationship is in threat of the selfishness of the supporting casts. hahaha! Bakit parang may anger ako? hehehe! :D



3. Honoring the marriage bed. Do I have to say more? For a series that is fresh and young, premarital sex is not encouraged; all the more I would like others to watch this.


4. Of course, the scenery, the house of Kim Joo Woon. Just simply breath-taking.


5. And of course how can I forget. Ang super crush kong Koreanong super galing mag-English!!!! I was even asking Donna to rewind his scene when he was conversing in english. Na-amaze talaga kame. hehehe!


So that's it guys, this is a great series for those who want to get giddied up inside again. hehehe! Sabay sabay tayo! "Yikeeeee!!!" :D

No comments:

Post a Comment