Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thursday morning....

I was off to work and in a hurry as usual, I get to the shuttle terminal, relieved to see that there's no long-line for byaheng Crossing. Since I was in a hurry, I cannot wait for a shuttle to arrive so I took the cab which the barker told me na byahe siyang Crossing. 3 more passengers rode with me on the backseat, and since I was the last person to get in, I squeezed myself until I was able to close the door. I can feel na kalahati na lang ng butt ko yung naka-upo. I was sure that I'll be able to endure an hour of travel time with that position. May allowance ng heavy traffic yun.

Suddenly, while we are almost exiting Libis, I can feel my left leg cramping. Yung may kuryente galore na namimitig. Since my so-called-space only allowed me to move my arms and head, I can't possibly move my leg kahit onti lang para ma-stretch. Then after the "kuryente" running through my spine, sumakit na siya. I knew that I won't be able to move once I step out of the car but I was certain that I can stand. Confident talaga ako kasi may kanang binti pa naman eh hehehe. So when the driver dropped me off in front of the building, I stepped out of the car and to my surprise, I suddenly lost my balance, naiwan ko pa yung slippers ko sa loob ng taxi, hahaha! Nakakahiya. My leg was numb and I can't move them. My right leg also started to shake. I really can't stand at napasandal na ako sa taxi. I was sweating like crazy, a lot of people are already looking at me because my leg really started to hurt and I can't walk. I tried to grab the nearest sturdy thing I can put my weight to. Salamat kay "ate" na bigla ko na lang hinila kasi babagsak na talaga ako... sa lusak hahaha! I was barely standing on a slightly muddy area I might add. Thank you teh. Swak na swak ka sa hulog! Haha! I was able to stand when ate let go of my hand. Ay baligtad, ako pala nag let go sa kanya kasi super kapit ako. hahaha! I held on to a post. Stood there for about 3-5 minutes, a guy even tried to help me kasi mukha akong inaatake sa puso. I held on tightly at the post as I'm massaging my leg. He asked if I was okay and offered to assist me to enter the building. Out of pain, I tried my best to respond and I just told him that I can't walk. I heard him say "ay akala ko naman..." Tapos iniwan na niya ako. O diba? CNN Hero of the year sana siya! hahaha! Pero thank you pa ren. Kasi nag-effort siya. haha! I limped my way to the door where I can rest my leg. Ilang minutes pa then I started to try walking. It was really embarassing pero in fairness, a scary yet funny experience. First time, to feel that. Ganon pala kahirap yun.

I was just thankful that I didn't fall right after getting out of the cab. At least my leg is the only thing that I'm complaining, kung bumagsak ako siguro baka pati puwet ko masakit na ren.. or worse masagasaan ako ng taxi. And thankful too because may mga taong may mabubuting kalooban na willing tumulong. :)

Moral lesson, pag sikip na huwag na ipilit okay? hahaha! Kasehodang nagmamadali o hindi. There are lot of vehicles out there. You just have to patiently wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment